Flood Insurance

Flooding can happen anywhere at any time - even outside high-risk areas. Most homeowners policies don't cover flood damage, leaving your home and belongings at risk.

Why Flood Insurance?

Call us for a quote or questions regarding flood Insurance if you live in AK, AR, CO, HI, KY, LA, MA, MT, OK, VT or WY at 888-543-6179.

  • A homeowners insurance policy or renters insurance policy does not cover flood damage.
  • You don’t have to live near a body of water to get flooded—heavy rains are often the cause of flooding.
  • Floods and flash floods happen in all 50 states.
  • Flood insurance costs less than you think.
  • Just an inch of water can cause more than $25,000 of damage to your property.
  • If you don’t live in a designated flood zone, your rates will be lower.

What's Included In Flood Insurance?

A dwelling and personal property flood policy offers protection for damage or losses up to the limits spelled out in your personal flood policy. Coverage includes:

Home coverage

Personal property

The National Flood Insurance Program and FEMA

The definition of a flood per the National Flood Insurance Program and FEMA is:

A general and temporary condition of partial or complete inundation of 2 or more acres of normally dry land area or of 2 or more properties (at least one of which is the policyholder’s property) from:

  • Overflow of inland or tidal waters
  • Unusual and rapid accumulation or runoff of surface waters from any source
  • Mudflow

Source: floodsmart.gov

Westwood News and Insights

Rain storm water is overflowing off the roof.

Which Flood Zone Are You In?

A flood zone is a defined geographic area with a specific flood hazard risk that represents the probability and impact…